Hello lovely readers! Wow, suddenly it’s June, which means we’re halfway through the year…yikes. Anyways, let’s get into it!
- My TBRs are usually broken up into three sections. The first being picks from my TBR Jar. However, as of now I’m putting the TBR jar to rest. My life has become a hectic mess in which I no longer have the time or energy for books I’m forcing myself to read. Instead, I’ve been utilizing my library more, so now my TBR is broken up into library loans, my Book of The Month pick(s), which is pretty self-explanatory, and lastly the books I’m just generally excited to get to this month.
- I like making a TBR of 6 to 8 books to give myself some breathing room for mood reads. I should probably preface that I’m not strict with my TBR. It’s fun to plan my reading ahead, but if I’m not feeling it then I’ll change things up without a problem. I guess what I’m trying to say is don’t take this list too seriously.
Now, let’s get to the library loans:
Lately, I’ve been struggling with wanting to support the independent bookstores around me, but also not wanting to waste money on books I might not end up liking. As a result, I came up with a system in which I support both my local bookstores and libraries. I’m requesting new releases at the library, and if I end up liking them I go ahead and buy it at my local bookstore.
- If I’m Being Honest: Heard it gives How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days vibes, so do I need to say more?
- You Must Not Miss: From what I gather this is Leno’s hardest hitting contemporary dealing with trauma and possibly sexual assault. The book is said to go to some dark places and I’m intrigued to see how Leno navigates it all.
- Summer of Salt: This is straight up just me buying into the hype. Leno’s most talked about book on booktube is this little number, and I want to finally find out why.
Time to take a gander at my Book of the Month pick:
Cut to me squealing hoping it’s as good as Dark Matter. Anyways, to make things short and sweet I’ll be adding BOTM’s short-take synapsis.
- My official May pick is Recursion by Blake Crouch.
- Quick-Take: The tech bro villain we probably deserve.
- Good To Know: Fast Read. Action Packed. Movieish. Buzzy.
Finally, the books I own:
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow: You might’ve heard the entire bookish community raving about this one in the last year. From what I gather, it’s the only thing that comes close to Harry Potter, which in itself is a pretty good sales pitch.
- Vengeful: Sequel to Vicious which is a story I thought was already wrapped up. So I am curious to see what this will entail.
- The Unhoneymooners: Sometimes you just need a good swoon to get you through some tough times. I plan on buddy reading this one with one of my ultimate friends.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: And apparently Harry Potter vibes aren’t enough. I also need to actually reread Harry Potter.
Time to bet how many of these will end up in my wrap-up? Mmm, I’m thinking at least six.
2 thoughts on “June TBR”
I just finished Recursion today, so I can’t wait to see your review.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m so curious on how it’ll be!